Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thing 20: Games

Thing 20 requires us to play! I downloaded Minion Rush, but wasn't able to actually play it since it needed to download additional data, and then I'd be told the servers were busy. Bummer, since I really like the Despicable Me films. Someday I want to have a dog and name him Kevin. At least the attempt was humorous, with the messages on the wait screens:



 
So instead, I'll highlight a few of my favorite games. The first is Battleline. I got the actual board game Battle Line for my husband a few years ago, since I was on the hunt for games which can be played by two people and involve strategy, without having too many rules to learn, similar to Lost Cities, which also has an app version. Battle Line fit the bill perfectly, and I later discovered its availability as an app for our iPad. When I got my iPhone, it asked if I wanted to download the game there, as well. It can be played against the computer in single player mode, but I have to admit it's much easier to win against the computer than it is against a real human, so I prefer the two player mode. You basically try to make better sets of cards than your opponent in order to claim more flags. Five flags total or three next to each other, and you win. I won this game pretty easily:
The next two are games I got for free via those handy Starbucks cards, and I haven't mastered either of them, but they Mr. Crab and Duet. They both involve having good timing, which I haven't, but I still think they are both very well-designed games.

I'm going to save my VERY FAVORITE game for the next Thing. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment