Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thing 19: Hobbies

spotifyThing 19 apps are all related to hobbies. Since music is one of my main loves in life, I downloaded the Spotify app. I don't have a premium Spotify account, but do occasionally use it while at work or home to have music playing. I've used it to figure out if I want to buy an album by an artist, or see their concert. I previewed the London Grammar album in this way before seeing them at the Varsity Theatre in Minneapolis with my sister. I also listened to pieces by composer Eric Whitacre before seeing him conduct the Minnesota Orchestra and Minnesota Chorale.

The app allows you to listen in a few different modes. You can listen to your playlists, or have it choose songs for you based on a theme or mood.

The only thing I don't like is that the app won't allow you to listen to a specific song or album in the original order, only on shuffle. I guess this makes it an incentive to subscribe to their premium service, or just buy the album for yourself on CD or mp3 to play however you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment