Monday, March 24, 2014

Thing 5: Notetaking

Thing 5 is notetaking. I didn't really find any of the apps all that helpful. I use my phone's built-in 'Reminders' app, which syncs with my work task list and has the ability to set reminder alarms (even via Siri, which is helpful. "Siri, set a reminder for 3:30pm to take out the trash").

I also use an app called AnyList for my shopping/to do lists that I need to keep track of, and really like that app. I had tried Remember the Milk before, but didn't really like it any better than the built-in app for reminders. I have never once used the actual Notes app on my phone. I guess I don't take notes on my phone, probably because the only time I take notes, I take them by hand (during work meetings or trainings, mainly). The Springpad recipe feature could be nice, but I already have a Pinterest board of favorite recipes, and they more recently introduced the feature of putting the ingredients/recipe instructions direct on Pinterest, so I think a separate app isn't necessary for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment