Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Thing 22: Discovering Apps

In Thing 22, we are asked to discover some new apps. I downloaded Apps Gone Free a few weeks ago, and so far, have been pleased that I got it. I was also able to recommend it to my husband, and because of it, he downloaded a calendar app that he really likes. I honestly don't even remember which apps I got via Apps Gone Free, but it seems very handy to get ideas for new apps.

What I'm really excited about are some of the apps I've downloaded to help during my upcoming trip to Germany and France. I'm used to using GPS and Google when traveling in order to find my way and confirm that a restaurant is a good pick, but there are no guarantees that I'll have WiFi when we're in Cologne or Paris, so it was reassuring that some of these apps have all that information within the app and no need to connect to the internet. I downloaded enough apps to create a whole folder of them (and yes, that's Pippa the dachshund's face on my phone):
I read good things about the offline maps in the Paris Travel Guide app, and the Paris Metro app seemed like a must. I also downloaded the GuidePal Paris app and then was immediately prompted to download their even better app for free. The TripAdvisor City Guide for Paris was also highly recommended, and I found a free app for self-guided walking tours of Cologne, Germany.
iPhone Screenshot 2
Also, not sure how I found it, but I got the Postagram app, which allows you to send a photo postcard from anywhere using your own photos. I think this will be cool to have, and theoretically, I could send many postcards during our trip without ever having to buy stamps! Isn't technology wonderful?
iPhone Screenshot 1 
I may have to do one last 23 Things post to review all of these apps after our trip. Stay tuned for an update in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment