Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thing 3: Utilities

Thing 3 is Utilities. I already have a QR code and barcode scanner, so I decided to download Google Search for this Thing. I had it on my previous Android Google phone, so I was vaguely familiar with it.

I used the Google Goggles feature in the Google search on my Charley Harper calendar. I used it on this photo on my calendar, which is titled "Maritime Maternity":



It brought me to more information about Charley Harper, who was an American modernist painter and designer.

The 'Thing' instructions are to explore whichever app we download. I didn't really discover anything new, aside from the Google Goggles option. Siri takes care of most of the things I liked about the Google app when I had it on my Android, so it seems a bit superfluous. I will see if I use it much over the remainder of the 23 Things experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment